Subject: Re: Printing Posters of LW frames
From: Robert Cohen <[email-masked]>
To: Thomas Desmond <[email-masked]>
Cc: Lightwave Post <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 1995 14:04:13 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 16 Oct 1995, Thomas Desmond wrote:

> I'm using LW to make archetectual drawings and I have a client who wants 
> a poster sized print, of about 80 X 110 cm.  I may be misinformed, but I 
> believe that the best way to produce such a print is by ink injection 
> plotter.  Unfortunately, nobody here in Costa Rica seems to be able to to 
> print large images.  (Of course, they could offset the image, but the 
> cost would be quite high).  There are some plotters that should be able 
> to do the job, (HP 650-c's), but for some reason they always get about
> half-way through the print and then fail due to "memory errors."  I have 
> decided not to keep trying to have the print made here and am now looking 
> for some person or company in the USA who can do the job.  Can someone 
> plaese suggest to me a company able to do this?

Have you considered having a 35mm photographic slide from your image?  
You could then generate prints in any size...  The cost for the film is 
usually under 20 bucks and the cost of reprints is quite affordable.

Look in the CG mags for a service near you, or perhaps some of the local 
photo stores (or computer stores) can point you in the right direction.

***************************************************************************

Robert Cohen / Ocean Township NJ	Lightwave Animator / Video Editor

  		[email-masked] / [email-masked]

***************************************************************************

--
Robert Cohen <[email-masked]> sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]